AVOA is a research and advisory services firm that works with both enterprise end-users and vendors focusing on the intersection of business & technology.
About Tim Crawford
CIO and Strategic Advisor
Tim Crawford is the founder of AVOA and ranked as one of the topmost influential CIOs and regularly quoted in the Wall Street Journal, CIO.com, Forbes, SiliconAngle and TechTarget. Tim is a strategic CIO, executive coach and advisor that works with large global enterprise organizations across a number of industries including financial services, healthcare, major airlines and high-tech. Tim’s work differentiates and catapults organizations in transformative ways through the use of technology as a strategic lever. Tim takes a provocative, but pragmatic approach to the intersection of business and technology.
Tim has served as CIO and senior IT roles with global organizations such as Konica Minolta/ All Covered, Stanford University, Knight-Ridder, Philips Electronics and National Semiconductor. He is a board advisor to Latent AI and myElth as well as a member of the Wall Street Journal’s CIO Network. Tim serves as host of the CIO In The Know and CxO In The Know podcasts. The weekly podcasts interview CIOs and top executives to discuss the leading issues facing them today.
Tim holds an MBA in International Business with Honors from Golden Gate University Ageno School of Business and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems from Golden Gate University.
AVOA is a research and advisory services firm that tracks the leading trends within enterprise technology. Topics include customer experience (CX), future of work, cloud computing, edge, data, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and environmental, social and governance (ESG).
AVOA works with both end-user organizations and enterprise vendors.
Clients range from large enterprise, Fortune 100 firms to startups focused on the enterprise space.
Tim Crawford and AVOA are regularly sought out for their opinion in business and technical media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, CIO.com, TechTarget, Forbes, and SiliconAngle.
View our latest media mentions on the Media Mentions page.
Honors & Awards
- Top 50 Digital Influencers (April 2021)
- Executive of the Month for Governance, Risk and Compliance (November 2020)
- Executive of the Month for People and Process (November 2020)
- The 2020 ShortList of Top 17 Digital Transformation Advisors (October 2020)
- Top 10 CIO Blogs & News Websites To Follow in 2020 (Chief Information Officer) (October 2020)
- Top 60 Cloud Computing Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020 (October 2020)
- IT Leader Power 100 (2020)
- Top 50 Digital Influencers (July, August, September, October 2020)
- Top 100 Digital Influencers (July, August, September 2020)
- Top 50 Global Thought Leaders and Influencers on 5G (August 2020)
- Top 100: Cloud Influencers
- 20 digital transformation leaders to follow on Twitter in 2020
- Top 100 Most Influential Chief Information Technology Officers (#4)
- Top 100 Most Social CIOs on Twitter 2016 (#7)
- Cloud: Top 100 Influencers and Brands for 2016
- Top 50 Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Top 100 Most Social CIOs on Twitter 2015
- Top 100 Cloud Computing Experts on Twitter
- Top Cloud Computing Influencers
- Top-100 Bloggers of Cloud Computing
- Top-50 Bloggers of Cloud Computing
- SIM Leader of the Year Nominee
Detailed information about our disclosures is located on our Disclosures Page.